Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sunset Yoga

I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart.
I am. I am. I am. 
                         -Sylvia Plath

     Today, we took a moment to slow down and give our bodies a chance to speak. From the deepest toe to the space haloed above our heads, we sought to lengthen the spine and listen to the inner rhythm of our beings. 

     It was not always easy. The most difficult thing to do when starting yoga is to take the first breath and reach for the first pose. Then, moment by careful moment, we are able to reach within and stretch without. It becomes less of a struggle, the ego sits back and lets the unconscious do the tugging. 

     We untie the knots kinking our muscles. We learn to listen to our bodies and accept our limitations as they are. We honor our hearts and minds by giving them time to rest. We strive to present ourselves with challenges that lead us forward and allow us to breathe. We release our worries and sufferings into the earth and sky. We learn to live within our bodies, rather than simply using them to get through the day.

     We make the choice to live, rather than simply exist. 

     And that is the most beautiful choice we can make.

     This first session went splendidly. I hope that you will consider joining me for another Thursday. I would be so honored to share the sunset with you. 

     With all my best wishes and highest hopes, 

     Devi

No comments:

Post a Comment